- Chana dal- 1 cup ( around 200 gm)
- Flattened rice- ½ cup
- Curd- ¼ cup
- Ginger- 1 to 1.5 inch
- Green chilli- 3 to 4 (spicy)
- Turmeric- 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Baking soda
- Soak chana dal at least 3 to 4 hours after washing it 2 to 3 times. And soak flattened rice for 10 min.
- Take a mixer jar, add soaked chana dal, flattened rice, ginger and green chilli together. Add some water and grind it little coarsely.
- Transfer batter in a bowl, add curd, salt and turmeric and mix it properly.
- Put it aside for 3 to 4 hours for fermentation.
- After fermentation, take a pot or bowl for steaming (or steamer), add some water inside and put it on medium flame to pre-heat.
- Grease the plate with oil.
- Take some amount of locha batter in another bowl, add some water to make runny batter.
- Add pinch of baking soda, 1 tsp of oil and mix it properly.
- Pour it on a greased plate and put that plate in steamer.
- Locho will be ready in 5 to 7 min.
- Spread groundnut oil or butter, sprinkle locho masala on it.
- Serve it hot with green locha chutney.
- Locha batter should be runny.
- Baking soda will be added as per plate.
- Thin layer locha batter will take time 5 to 7 min for steam, thick layer will take time at least 10 to 15 min.
- Keep lame high while steaming.
- Fermentation step is optional, if any one do not like.